To be Fearless.


“The road I have called you to take is not an easy one.  In this world, you will have trouble.”
Tears of discouragement and fear began to fall.  “But you’ll be with me, right God?  You won’t leave me?  You won’t abandon me?  Right, Father?”  I whispered more to reassure myself.  Verses of His faithfulness began flooding my mind.  “Do not be afraid.”  “Do not be discouraged.”  “I will not leave you or forsake you.”  “I am with you.”
            “But…I’m so tired, God.  I don’t think I can do this anymore.”
            “Open your Bible, My child.”
I closed my eyes and opened the Book on my nightstand to a random page, pointing to a random passage, believing God would guide me to whatever truth He wanted me to see.

“I stretch myself out.  I sleep.
Then I’m up again – rested, tall and steady,
Fearless before the enemy mobs
Coming at me from all sides” (Psalm 3:5, MSG).

I closed my eyes once more.  Quieted my soul.  Listened deeply.  “Rest, My child.  Be still and rest for the night.  Tomorrow, you will wake up with My strength holding you steady, and together, we will face the enemy mobs – the pain, the fear, the discouragement – that threaten you from all sides.  I’ve got this, My beloved.  Be fearless as you rest in My ability.”

What mobs are you facing, my friend?  What enemies are surrounding you on all sides?  Disappointment from a broken relationship?  Fear of the future?  Discouragement due to an illness?  Pain from heartbreak?  What trial – what hardship – are you facing today?

Do you have it in your mind?  Good.  Now, close your eyes, take that trial and all that goes with it, and give it to God.  Lay it at the feet of His throne.  And let Him take the burden from you.  Close your eyes, beloved, and listen.  Listen as your heavenly Father wraps His loving arms around you, lifts your head, and wipes your tears.  Listen as your heavenly Father smiles at your wandering heart, gently places you in the safety of His presence, and whispers to your soul, “My child… My beloved… Be still.  Find rest in My presence.  Here, you are safe.  I’ve got this.  I am in control.  Rest now, My child.  And in the morning, we will awaken, refreshed and ready for battle.  And together, we will face the mobs head on.  You and I.  Be fearless, oh child of valor!  Be fearless as your find refuge and peace in My all-sufficient presence.”

Today…right now…make a decision to be still and find rest.  If only for a moment, choose to rest in the presence of your Mighty Warrior.  Choose to lie down under the shadow of your holy Shelter.  Find rest, oh child of valor!  And as you dwell in God’s glorious presence, feel your strength be renewed and your soul become fearless.

“I stretch myself out.  I sleep.
Then I’m up again – rested, tall and steady,
Fearless before the enemy mobs
Coming at me from all sides . . .
[For] I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me”
(Psalm 3:5 MSG, Philippians 4:13 NKJV).

Comments

Popular Posts